The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
78sqm 2 BR Apartment For 2-4 prs – Sheraton Road – Very Close To The New Marina – With Kitchenettes – Sheraton Plaza 414/415Room Details
- Guests: 4
- Children: 3
- Room Size: 79 m²
- Bed Size(s): 2 x Double Beds (140x200cm)
- Room Type: Deluxe, Residence, Sheraton Plaza, Superior
Not only have the Tiba Resort Café released a new and revamped menu, we are happy to report that there are also tasty treats being served at the Tiba View Café & Shisha Lounge as you can see from the pictures published in this very blog post. Not only are tasty treats being served at […]
It is time to report some increased coziness at Tiba Resort and this time it is the Tiba Resort Café that are going through a revamp and a polish. We have previously reported about the new and revamped Tiba Resort Café menu that absolutely will become very popular for the local community at Tiba Resort […]
In recent blog posts, we have mentioned that we have taken the downtime in tourism to optimise and improve our holiday rentals in Hurghada and we are happy to present you with a video of our award winning pool view apartment with fresh paint at Tiba Resort. While our team in Europe has been extremely […]