The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
When we started our journey creating our own website, we never thought that we would reach 400 blog posts about holiday rentals in Hurghada but we are at that very point in time now. We are actually boasting more than 400 blog posts about holiday rentals in Hurghada reached in a time when we have […]
Hurghada has been through some very difficult times in recent years, and now with the Covid-19 (Corona virus) makings its presence known, many people find themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place but we are here to help. We are here to help those finding themselves in a pickle when borders shut down […]
Our entire team are working very hard to create a good, and affordable, stay for our guests with value for money and we are very happy to present our guests with highly rated vacation rentals in Hurghada at Tiba Resort. We have had ups, and we have had downs, and now with these difficult times […]
In a difficult time where the Corona virus is on a rampage, it is very nice to receive a heartwarming review despite the fact that the intended guest could not check into their holiday rental in Hurghada. This guest traveled together with a group and booked already several months ago and the guest actually booked […]