The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
As part of our ever ongoing process of improving our range of services, we have also improved our search engine ranking drastically among very tough competition from the major rental platforms such as Expedia, AirBnB and Booking.com. It is not an easy task to boost your search engine ranking for your website unless many parameters […]
During our 2019 summer inspection tour, we also took some steps towards decorating our holiday rentals at Sheraton Plaza in central Hurghada. We are not done yet with all the furnishing but we decided it was time to put some effort into decorating our holiday rentals at Sheraton Plaza while we were in Hurghada in […]
We have received our first Expedia review from a very happy guest staying with us in one of our three holiday rentals at Tiba Resort Hurghada. This guest stayed in our poolside holiday rental and traveled as a young couple and was first timers in Hurghada and we are happy to learn from our first […]