The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
We have been talking a lot about our new holiday rentals in Hurghada at Sheraton Plaza lately but we should not forget our popular Tiba Resort apartments where one of them just received a Traveller Review Award from Booking.com It is indeed a team effort getting us to the point of receiving good reviews on […]
A new year, a soft launch, but we barely put our holiday rentals in central Hurghada by the New Marina live on our website until we had our first Sheraton Plaza booking confirmed. There will be quite a few blogposts coming up regarding our vacation rentals at Sheraton Plaza on Sheraton Road ahead as it […]
During the 2019 holidays we have not only had full occupancy but we have also worked hard on new videos of our holiday rentals in Hurghada. A big thanks to the loyal team in Hurghada for taking the great raw video footage that we have been busy processing during Christmas and New Year. Updating Our […]
We have received our first TripAdvisor review in 2020 and it is a good one giving us a good kick and boost into this exciting new year. The guests writing the first TripAdvisor review in 2020 was first-timers in Hurghada and stayed in our vacation rentals at Tiba Resort Hurghada. The First TripAdvisor Review in […]