The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
78sqm 2 BR Apartment For 2-4 prs – Sheraton Road – Very Close To The New Marina – With Kitchenettes – Sheraton Plaza 414/415Room Details
- Guests: 4
- Children: 3
- Room Size: 79 m²
- Bed Size(s): 2 x Double Beds (140x200cm)
- Room Type: Deluxe, Residence, Sheraton Plaza, Superior
We have been so busy in the hot weather in Hurghada with revamping, fixing, trixing and improving all our holiday rentals in Hurghada so it is time for us to cool down with some ice cream at Tiba Resort. Tiba Resort have excellent facilities when it comes to convenience and we are blessed with having […]
After starting the process of revamping, and improving our rental business from the ground up, we are now down to the details and the latest development is proper shower blenders in our vacation rentals in Hurghada. Wait, what? Yes, you read that right. We have installed quality shower blenders in our vacation rentals at Tiba […]
Our recent posts has been much about improvements and progress in all our holiday rentals in Hurghada from the ground up and now our team are getting Sheraton Plaza up to standard. It sounds like our three vacation rentals at Sheraton Plaza is in a sub-standard state, obviously that is not so if you read […]
We are very happy to say that we are making great progress with all our vacation rentals in Hurghada when it comes to upgrading and increasing our already very good standard to new heights and levels. Owning property in Egypt is no easy feat by any means, but if things were to be very easy, […]