The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
We go from good to better and now we find our poolside Hurghada holiday rental on the TripAdvisor top ten list which is a great achievement thanks to a great team and much hard work getting there. If you haven’t lived under a rock during the most parts of the modern digital era, you will […]
Our holiday rentals in Hurghada have never been so popular as they are now, even during low season, and our Hurghada apartments will certainly not become less popular considering all the new Hurghada routes that are being launched everywhere. We are well positioned with our holiday rentals in Hurghada for an increased influx av new, […]
Our holiday rentals in Hurghada are becoming ever and increasingly popular with occupancy soaring not least since our Hurghada apartments during the 2019 El Gouna Film Festival were fully booked. The El Gouna Film Festival is continuing to show invigorating strength every year and are also becoming increasingly popular as with our affordable Hurghada apartments […]
We are very happy, and very proud, to announce that our Hurghada apartments have achieved the goal of becoming an official Booking.com preferred partner. A while back we announced that our Hurghada apartments became eligible for Booking.com’s loyalty program called “Genius”. Any Hurghada apartments available for rentals on Booking.com that fulfills certain criteria of a […]