The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
Good news, we have the right holiday rentals for the 2019 summer season in Hurghada but don’t wait for too long to book our fully furnished apartments online. The affordable rates for all our apartment rentals for the 2019 summer season are still in effect but early bookings are knocking off availability on a daily […]
If you rent any of our furnished holiday rentals in Hurghada, you will pay less and do more as there will be plenty of money left over to do other exciting things during your stay. There are plenty of things to do in Hurghada, and elsewhere, during your stay. It does not matter if you […]
Last year we were all sold out so be sure to take a look at our apartment rentals close to the 2019 El Gouna Film Festival already now. Of course, if you want to stay in El Gouna during the 2019 El Gouna Film Festival, that is your prerogative, but expect exorbitant rental rates and […]
Lately, we have received quite a few positive reviews posted on some of the rental platforms we are listed on and this time we have received a positive review from a kitesurfer in Hurghada staying in one of our three holiday rentals at Tiba Resort. The review from a kitesurfer in Hurghada, posted on Google, […]