The Egyptian Pound
Live in a paradise without having to spend a fortune
Egyptian Pound (LE) is the local currency with the code EGP.
The Egyptian Pound is mainly a paper currency and there are various denominations divided into Pounds and Piasters.
The smaller the denomination, the smaller its physical size.
In late 2016, Egypt let the Egyptian Pound float freely against the US Dollar causing the value of the Egyptian Pound to loose 50% of its value over night.
That is excellent for tourists and expats who wants to spend time in Hurghada and perhaps wants to rent an apartment in Hurghada to get a bang for their buck on top of our already low rental rates for all our services.
When you rent an apartment with us online, you can choose to pay for your Hurghada holiday rental using various payment options.
- You can find ATM`s all over Hurghada, particularly in tourist areas such as around the New Marina.
- Many European currencies can be exchanged in banks and at exchange offices in Hurghada.
- In some stores, you can pay using Euros, British Punds or US Dollars.
- It is advisable to have some Egyptian Punds when arriving in Egypt.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted but less so than you might be used to.
- Most valid cards are VISA and Mastercard. American Express is less widespread in Hurghada and Egypt in general.
- Try and get smaller bills and keep some change with you. Getting change can be tricky and taxis can be "short" of change very often.
- Tipping is widespread in Egypt. Usually around 10%-15%.
Selected rental apartments in Hurghada
Our holiday rentals at Sheraton Plaza in Hurghada is a piece of art as you can see on the images in this post. Sheraton Plaza in Hurghada is exceptional in its quality and finishing, and we can honestly say that our holiday rentals at Sheraton Plaza in Hurghada is a piece of art. We have […]
We are very happy to read the latest reports on French tourists spiking 146% so we can easily say “Viva La Tourism” in Hurghada. Its not only due to the French we say “Viva La Tourism”, but also to the other nationalities that makes the Red Sea tourism spike through the roof with about 387,000 […]
If you are looking for a great place to stay, make sure that you look into our holiday rentals with free WIFI at Sheraton Plaza in Hurghada. Our holiday rentals with free WIFI at Sheraton Plaza in Hurghada enjoy one of the best location in Hurghada only 2 mins walk from the New Marina, and […]
We are extremely happy seeing the major steps forward in this Tiba View Hurghada July update and the new pictures going along with it. Not that long ago, we published a Tiba View June update, and it’s easy to see how fast things are developing over there when you compare with this Tiba View Hurghada […]